Thursday, September 6, 2012

Over a year!

Over a year since I blogged here. I've tried out a few different blogs over the last year. None of them seemed to suit me the way I need, so here I am again. I am sorry I left you hanging. I am a flake like that.

Nothing has really changed over the last year. I am still working full time in the Nursing Department at a boarding home. I am still with my partner. I still live in downtown Seattle.

Things are crazy at work. Our facility lost its boarding home license, and do to that we have had to stop intakes, and even had to re-home several residents. There has been a lot of strain there. We are short staffed, and overworked.

Things at home are... well they just are.

Family all seems to be doing well, though my brother is in jail waiting to be sentenced to a term in prison. I cannot express how much this breaks my heart. But it is what it is.

On happy notes! Fall is arriving. I am SO excited! Fall and winter are my favorite times of year. Ice cold crisp air, bright sunny days, leafs covering the ground. Pumpkin picking, pumpkin eating, eggnog, holiday cheer, warm home cooked meals, white elephant, family gatherings, work parties, gift giving, snow, rain, hot coco & blankets time of year! YAY!

<3 p="p">
Well, that is all for now. I need to get back to work :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment