Sunday, September 30, 2012

Like every inch of me is bruised, bruised.

This was posted on PostSecrets website 9.30.12 by anonymous. 
Wednesday September 26th 2012 my divorce was finally finalized with Joe.

Moving on....

Work is driving me fucking bat shit. I seriously may be losing my mind. The image I used on this post was an anonymous secret posted at www.postsecret.com on this Sunday's secrets today. I just had to use it because it is true for me.

Working in Mental health is very emotionally exhausting.  When you pair that up with my crazy inconsistent schedule it gets out of control. I need to figure out how to not absorb the energy and emotions that the individuals around me are radiating. I am by no means anyones therapist, but my residents do not seem to understand that. They come to us for a listening ear, for a shoulder to lean on and person to bark at. They have no one else. I am more than happy to be there for them. It is my job, but what happens now? What happens when it becomes too much? When it triggers my depression. When I become emotionally overloaded...

I have been thinking about starting counseling at SCS. Either that or perhaps finding a support group for those who work in healthcare. Burnout is not good and I would like to avoid that at all costs.

I am fucking tired.

Just this morning a resident cussed the heck out of me. I wasn't even here for 10 minutes before that crap started. He came back later and apologized, which is nice, but damn.

All im sayin'.

My sister and her girls are coming over later this afternoon. I cannot wait to see my little monsters. <3 p="p">

1 comment:

  1. I think it's a good idea to start a support group for health care workers. I'm sure there is a need for it.

    It's one of the toughest jobs. Kudos for you for doing it.

    ReplyDelete