Tuesday, September 28, 2010

One way Street

We live off of a one way street in downtown Seattle. Once in awhile I see someone driving down it full speed the wrong direction. It reminds me a lot about my life.

I seem to always head down the one way streets in the wrong direction. This makes me picture the fork in the road. You know the one I am talking about. The road to the right is the one everyone travels down, and the one on the left is the one less traveled. I used to pride myself on taking the one less traveled, just to prove that I could do it, and come out at the end just fine. Well.... I have been on that road for the last several years, and I still have not come out on the other side. I am lost somewhere in the that awful forest with trees of sorrow, branches of destruction, quick sand, and thorns of lies. How the hell did I get here?

I seem to have lost any and all friends along the way. Mostly because I pushed them away? Maybe... I really am not sure. I now find myself lost, lonely, depressed, and not knowing where to go from here.

I fell asleep about an hour ago. I woke up out of no where, and I cannot seem to fall back asleep. So I am writing this blog.

The trees lining the streets of Seattle tell their stories at night, when they think everyone is asleep and no one is listening. I am listening. They are quite eerie. They creak, crack, spat, and drip. They whisper too. You only hear this at night, like right now. If you werent used to this, you'd think someone was outside creeping around. I am not sure how I feel about these talking trees.

I got a new Kitten. I got the kitten for my 6 year old cat Little Man. Little Man has been sulking about the house. Sad I imagine because he cannot go outside. I have fixed him a little perch against the window so that he can hop on it and lounge. He gets up there and does his hunting chatter whenever he sees a batch of Seagulls or Pidgins. Little Man gets a lot of attention from people passing by. He loves any attention he can get.

My hopes were that the kitten would keep him on his toes and get him playing and running again. I was right! :-) I thought it would take quite some time for the grouchy old man to get used to the kitten, but it only took one day! They play, clean each other, and sleep together. The kitten is only about 7 weeks old. She is very tiny compared to him. She is so well behaved. I think we are going to name her Mookie. Moo for short.

Speaking of the cats, I think I am going to get back to bed with them and Deliliah. Take care!

(Picture: Little Man & Mookie)

No comments:

Post a Comment