Sunday, September 19, 2010

The Julie/Julia Project


I recently watched the movie 'Julie & Julia'. A true story of a woman on the verge of turning 30 who despises her dead end secretary job, who finds comfort of coming home and knowing that if you add an egg to chocolate, and whisk, will thicken. Julie cooked. Julie blogged. Julie garnered a legion of devotees of her wit and charm. Not only can Julie cook, Julie can write. Really well. She is very entertaining. She took on a project, a challenge of taking on Julia Child's cook book, "Mastering the Art of French Cooking". She would cook 536 recipes in 365 days. She blogged it all.

It really quite inspired me. I love to cook. I am a cook. Looking for new fun recipes, to challenge me, to intrigue me. Will I be as brave as Julie Powell to take on Julia Child's cook book? I think not. What shall I do? It seems only fitting to turn to you, if you are out there. Are you?


No comments:

Post a Comment