Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Health

I know I am losing weight, but how much? I still have not weighed myself. How do I know I am losing weight if I have not weighed myself, you may ask... I have started getting my rag (menstrual cycle) again.

I started my period in the 4th grade! My flow has always been heavy, nasty and the cramps unbearable. I remember being in school and getting these cramps that were completely debilitating. I would drag myself to the nurses office where they would place a heating pad on my stomach and a t-leaf on my forehead. About 2 years ago, when I hit 300 lbs I stopped having my period.

My gynecologist at the time Dr. Finkle-Weaver told me that it is because of my weight and that I may stop ovulating completely. Of course I was a bit overwhelmed. She prescribed me Estrogen. Estrogen would help me continue bleeding, but would not help me ovulate. She explained to me that even though I am not menstruating that I would still cycle. The Estrogen would help sluff off the build up of blood so not to lead to getting any sort of ovarian cancer. She also explained that there would be severe cramping and pain. I never took the damn Estrogen. I was too afraid of having artificial bleeding. It just freaked me out.

I noticed that the skin behind my neck was turning a brown, ashy color. I thought it was pretty gross. I also have it between my legs in my inner thigh. It makes me very self conscious.
Dr. Finkle-Weaver told me it was Acanthosis Nigricans. It has to do with being borderline diabetic.

Around this same time I was diagnosed with Hypothyroidism which causes weight gain. I was prescribed Synthroid to help regulate my thyroid hormones. I took the first prescription, but soon after did not have health insurance to continue to get my medication. This is a lot of stuff going wrong! My immune system totally shut down and I developed a severe case of Pneumonia AND the Flu. At the same time! I was on so many different antibiotics, two that I remember were Tamiflu (for the flu) and Azithromycin (for the Pneumonia).

I was slowly falling into a deep depression. My relationship at the time was ending, and I couldn't even take care of myself. I knew this was my lowest of lows. 2 years later, and I am just now trying to do something about it.

I am obese. I cannot reproduce. I am depressed. I am borderline diabetic. I have hypothyroidism. Who knows what else is going on. Man.

So you know that at that first sign of light red color on the toilet paper as I struggle to wipe myself I was ecstatic! Its been like this for about a month now. No heavy bleeding, just some discharge, and light color on the toilet paper. Still, I will take that!

It is time to get THIS body healthy!

No comments:

Post a Comment