Friday, May 28, 2010

The Hours

I am now officially residing in BellTown Seattle. It has been a long time coming. The view of the Space Needle at night is breath taking. I am so happy about living in the city. I do however have to get used to people walking right in front of our windows. I like to keep the windows open during the day, little man and I love people watching. I find myself wanting to scare every unsuspecting Seattlite that walks by, by yelling, 'RAWR' lol.
There is a surprising amount of foot traffic outside our windows. I would have said it was because we are only a block from the Seattle Center, but we get just as much foot traffic at 3 a.m. as we do during daylight. Laying in bed listening to the late night car and transit traffic is soothing. It reminds me of my grandmother's old house just off the freeway in Monroe. I would stay up late listening to the unseen traffic zoom by. The only two differences now are that I am now sharing a bed with my fiancée instead of my grandmother, and I now can also occasionally hear the drunks on their way home. Listening to them scream, mumble, and stumble makes me wonder what their story is, and what led them to drink.
Internet will be connected on the third, so for now I am writing you from my lovely Android MyTouch.
For now, this is Orchid in Seattle, signing out.

No comments:

Post a Comment